Click image to go HOME

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Gifts Are For Sharing!

Did you realize that YOU are made in the image and likeness of God with special gifts and talents that make you ONE of a kind? So, do think God wants you to keep your gifts all to yourself? I think NOT!
One of the things that you are taught while preparing for Confirmation is that there are 7 "Gifts of the Holy Spirit". God gives you these gifts to help you live as a disciple.

Step 1. Please click on...

"Gifts of the Holy Spirit" on the right and read the article.
Comment on something that "spoke to you" (something you agreed with, disagreed with, or maybe you didn't understand).

Step 2. Click on and watch the 3 short videos (prayers) on the right and vote (using the poll) on which one was your favorite by checking the appropriate box. (This poll is anonymous so don't use your # ). It would be great if your parents watched these videos and did this poll also.
Along with these Gifts, God has given you talents that He expects you to use. What. t are your talents?
Are you artistic, a good listener, athletic, a "handyman", etc.? Sometimes God puts desires in your heart....something He wants you to work on (helping someone, becoming a teacher, a mentor, maybe a priest or nun, mother, father, doctor, writer, or maybe an inventor....(watch video below)



Remember you never now what you can do unless you GO FOR IT! It is better to have tried and failed than to never try at all... and maybe you will be a GREAT SUCCESS !!


Step 3. After reading the article and REALLY THINKING about what your talents and gifts are, please list at least 3 of YOUR gifts or talents. (the "gift/talent" can be from the article or something that you know about yourself) Please remember to use your # in your comment.

Think about how you can use these gifts/talents when you do your project.
When you present your project you must be able to tell me how you are using YOUR gifts/talents.


20 comments:

  1. A.
    1. I believe that Wisdom and Knowledge are the same thing.
    2. The poll didn't work.
    3. I am caring, I put others first, and I am musical.
    #21

    ReplyDelete
  2. # 21 Thanks for your answers:)

    Just to clarify a little...
    Knowledge is actually knowing about something..the facts.

    Wisdom is looking at the 'big picture'. It is using your knowledge, along with understanding situations to make decisions that will help you and others.

    Sorry about the poll...thanks for letting me know. I will try to fix it.

    What is your favorite...just write the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something that spoke to me was how Patty had enough courage to keep her baby and raise her while going to school to become a nurse so she could support her baby even though she was a single mother.

    #28

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am athletic, outgoing, and smart.

    #28

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1.) I channel God’s love by praying for people who are in need of my prayers.
    2.) I use the Hail Mary daily.
    3.) I feel that God has helped me figure out my good qualities so I can share them with others.

    #28

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1.)What spoke to me was that all Kris needed was someone to listen to her because i think sometimes that is totally true,that people have their own answers but just need someone to bounce ideas off of and to vent a little. All Ron had to do was listen.
    2.) The poll worked fine for me.
    3.)I am a great listener, I am athletically gifted, and I am a very hard worker
    #29

    ReplyDelete
  7. Step 1: What really spoke to me was the amount of courage that it must of took Patty to keep the baby, and to pursue a career in nursing, while caring for the baby.

    Step 2: I'm athletic funny and smart.

    Step 3:I'm good at sports, do well in school, hard worker.

    #A2

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1.) What spoke to me was the Courage paragraph. Courage is a major thing in life and if you dont have courage then somethings you want to do wont be accomplished because you dont have courage.
    2.) voted for "Prayer to the Holy Spirit"
    3.) I am a very hard worker and i care for other people. My best gift is that im athletic.
    #A1

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. What spoke to me was the part about knowledge. Even though things were very different in biblical times the lessons can still apply now.
    2. I voted for number 3
    3. I have little difficulty in school, I am a fast learner, and I am open minded.

    #A36

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1 what really spoke out to me was mthe part on knowledge saying how the gift of knowledge is throught reasons and results
    2. #3
    3. I am giftly talented, tall, ans smart

    #A15

    ReplyDelete
  11. #A25
    1) A part of the video that spoke to me was the part of knowing and understanding the difference between "Knowledge" and "Wisdom".
    2) I voted for "Prayer to the Holy Spirit"
    3) I am a great listener, a hard worker, and I help people who are in need.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1.) what spoke to me was that how strong Patty was to keep the baby and also keep going on with being a nurse while also being a good mother.
    2.) The prayer that i liked the most was "Prayer Of The Holly Spirit"
    3.) i am smart,outgoing, and i am a good baker.

    #67

    ReplyDelete
  13. #A24

    1. What spoke to me was the part about the girl with the baby and how strongly she felt about not having an abortion.
    2. #3
    3. I am athletic, an organized hard worker, and am smart.

    ReplyDelete
  14. #A6

    1. I liked the part about wisdom. It really spoke to me because I have been in a situation before like Jim was.
    2. I liked "Prayer to the Holy Spirit".
    3.I am intelligent, hardworking and helpful to others.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1.) The part that spoke to me was where it showed the girl who was questioning on abortion. I feel that no matter what stage the fetus is in it is still life.
    2.) #4
    3.) Athletic, smart, and Understanding.


    A85

    ReplyDelete
  16. 1. the part that stuck out the most to me was the girl that had courage to tell her story and why she was against abortion
    2. i like 'let your spirit fall'
    3. i am athletic, a hardworker, and outgoing

    abbey rogan(i dont know my number)

    ReplyDelete
  17. 1)I enjoyed the part about wisdom. I can understand what Jim was going through.
    2)Let your Spirit Fall really spoke to me.
    3)I am understanding, athletic, and friendly

    Robert Heitzmann (i forgot my number)

    ReplyDelete
  18. 1)I really was interested in the wisdom video.
    2)let your spirit fall didnt really get to me like the Wisdom video.
    3). I am very athletic, i am a good listener, and i have a very good imagination.
    333

    ReplyDelete